Shimano Last Man Standing Competition - Terms and Conditions
The Competition is run by Shimano New Zealand Limited (Shimano) – 79 Apollo Drive, Albany, Auckland.
The Competition runs from 12.01am on 1 September 2018 to 23.59pm on 28 February 2019 (Competition Period).
Every $20 you spend during the Competition Period on any Shimano branded product purchased from an authorised Shimano NZ retailer (Products) will give you one right to enter into the draw to win one of ten places in the Last Man Standing Draw to win either the 1st prize Boat Package or the 2nd prize trip to Cabo San Lucas Mexico fishing (Prizes) – follow the Prize Pool link below for a full description of the Prizes.
The total retail value of the prize package is $70,000
Entry coupons will be available, when you purchase Shimano product, at any authorised New Zealand based Shimano retailers from September 1st 2018 – 28trh February 2019.
How to enter the Competition
When you purchase Products you will receive an entry coupon/s relevant to the value of your purchase.
Coupons are available in $20, $60, $100, $200, $500, $1000 values. Each entry coupon has a unique entry number.
Go to www.shimanolms.co.nz to register your unique entry code and to enter your personal details to register for the Competition.
You can enter the draw as many times as you like, subject to spending $20 for each entry coupon – i.e., spend $20, receive 1 entry, spend $60 receive 3 entries, spend $100 receive 5 entries, spend $200 and receive 10 entries, spend $500 and receive 25 entries and spend $1000 and receive 50 entries.
When you enter the draw online, we will ask you to provide some personal information. Please see our Privacy Statement as to what this information is required for, how we will use it and what your rights are with respect to that information and our collection of it.
We will only issue entry coupons during the Competition Period – however, you will be able to register your entry up until 23:59Pm 2nd March, 2019.
You must be over 18 to enter the comp and you must be a NZ resident living in NZ.
You must register, (upload), your receipt for the Products purchased on www.shimanolms.co.nz at the time of registering your coupon. No receipt, no entry, no exceptions.
Employees of Shimano NZ; employees of authorised Shimano retailers and companies associated with the competition; and any of the immediate families of any of those persons cannot enter into the Competition.
Once entries are closed, 10 people will be randomly selected by a computer generated random selection programme (Final Ten).
If you are one of the Final Ten, Shimano NZ will contact you directly and will at that time and may ask to see and verify your receipt of the purchase of your Products.
Shimano NZ reserves the right to accept or decline an entry if the proof of purchase cannot be definitively confirmed.
If Shimano cannot contact a winner within 48 hours and all reasonable attempts – via phone & email. Shimano will re-draw that person’s place in the Competition.
The names of the Final Ten will also be posted onto the Shimano Facebook page within 2 days of being selected.
The Final Ten all win a trip to the Offshore Adventures Lodge in Mangawhai (the Lodge) for two nights’ accommodation and one day’s fishing with Tony Orton and the Offshore Adventures and the Fishing News team.
The draw for the Prizes will take place at 5pm on Friday 22nd, March 2019 at the Lodge.
If a Final Ten entrant is not at the Lodge at that time, then that person will not be eligible to win a Prize.
Shimano is able to transport Final Ten participants from our office in Albany to the Lodge and back again, but all participants must make their own travel arrangements to get to our office in Apollo Drive, and make their own way home from our office.
The draw for the Prizes is conducted as follows:
• All Final Ten entrants will be lined up and will blind-folded.
• We will also blindfold one of the sponsors of the event.
• There are two buckets each with balls numbered 1-10 on them.
• Final Ten participants will then each randomly choose one ball out of a bucket.
• The blind-folded sponsor will pull one ball out of the other bucket at a time and the number will be read out.
• If a Final Ten participant’s ball number is read out, that participant is then out of the draw.
• We will repeat this process until only 2 Final Ten participants are left standing.
• Of the 2 people left standing, 1 will win the trip to Mexico, and 1 will win the Extreme boat, Honda & Voyager trailer turnkey package.
• The blindfolded sponsor will then draw the next ball out, the number will be read out, and the participant who has that number will win the trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and the LAST MAN STANDING, wins the boat package.
Note – If the weather on the day, of the fishing trip at Mangawhai Heads with Tony Orton and Fishing News Magazine, is deemed unsafe to go fishing, then the weekend away and Last Man Standing draw will proceed as planned on the above date of Friday 22nd March 2019 and the 10 finalists will be re-booked on charters with Tony Orton and Offshore Adventures at Mangwhai heads on another suitable day. The charters will be free of charge, but food and travel will be all care and expense of the 10 finalists.
You must accept the terms and conditions to enter this competition.
Shimano New Zealand Limited – Last Man Standing Competition (“Competition”)
Shimano New Zealand Limited (“Shimano”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the information it collects about its customers.
What information will we collect from you?
We will collect the following information from you when you enter the draw of the Competition:
• Your name;
• Your residential and email addresses;
• Your age;
• You phone number;
• The shop you purchased the goods that enabled you to enter into the Competition;
• Proof of purchase of the Shimano products (your receipt)
In providing your details, you agree that the information is accurate, up to date, and complete.
How is the information used?
Shimano will collect and use the information you provide to us to:
• Confirm you are eligible for the Competition (over 18 and a New Zealand resident);
• Let you know if you have been selected in the last 10 potential winners;
• Share your information with the store of purchase, and our partners sponsoring the Competition: Extreme Boats, Honda Marine, Garmin NZ, Journey of a fisherman, Voyager Trailers, Fishing News & Fishing.net.nz (Partners) so they are able to send you information they think you may find useful, including information about new products and services they may be offering or plan to offer;
• Keep in contact with you for future promotions and to keep you up to date with information about services provided by us and our partners and providers; and
• Send you information we think you may find useful, including information about new products and services we may be offering or plan to offer.
With whom is the information shared?
We will share your personal information with our Partners and the store of purchase.
Shimano may collect and disclose aggregate statistics about our customers and applicants in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Shimano may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Shimano or its employees.
Shimano places great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our customers, partners and providers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information data under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
You don’t have to enter the Competition nor do you have to give us your personal information. However, if you do want to enter into the Competition, then we do require the personal information listed above.
You have a legal right to access the personal information we hold about you. You also have a right to request correction of any errors in that information. You may notify us at any time if you no longer authorise us to use your personal information. Regarding any questions, concerns or comments you have about this policy or your rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to PO Box 65179, or telephone 09-478-1969.